Wednesday, December 10, 2008

So...

...I'm watching Totally '80s on VH1 Classic. There are some BAD videos.

Journey "I'll Be Alright Without You" - typical behind-the-scenes footage segueing into concert footage

The Romantics "Talking in Your Sleep" (1983) - BAD BAD BAD, and really big big hair!

Sting "Gabriel's Message" (1987) - it's like an '80s version of "Desert Rose"

Gary Numan "Cars" (1979/1980) - classic '80s with the neon tubes and the multitude of bad camera effects, yay synthesizer and tambourine and clapping!

Bruce Springsteen "Dancing in the Dark" (1984) - Courteney Cox! Love this video! Step right, clap, step left, clap! And I love the Wesley Snipes look-a-like getting his clap on!

Hall & Oates "I Can't Go for That (No Can Do)" (1981) - nothing needs to be said, it's a Hall & Oates video

Loverboy "Hot Girls in Love" (1983) - hot chick driving hot rod/band playing on stacked barrels; wow, there's a scene where the band is playing in a field of gas pumps, and the drummer is using the pump handles to drum

Sting "If You Love Somebody Set Them Free" (1985) - very strange, was some of it shot on a green screen?

Jody Watley "Real Love" (1989) - Love Jody! Scrolling lyrics throughout, lots of B&W shots

Paula Abdul "Forever Your Girl" (1988) - another behind the scenes B&W '80s video, little girls reenacting Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love" video and Paula dancing, lots of kids dancing, too (I had this tape)

Madonna "Into the Groove" (1985) - I LOVE THIS VIDEO!

John Lennon "I'm Losing You" - looks like a recent video of an old song with footage of Lennon and B&W cartoons

No comments: