Been a while since I've posted, hasn't it? Currently, we're shopping for a new house, and I'm about to start my second year of grad school.
I'm very excited about my thesis topic! I'm researching the history of public transportation in Charlotte from 1890 to 1960. Within that focus, I will explore how the changes in technology--specifically the transition from streetcar to bus--altered how people experienced the urban environment.
This summer has been busy, though I had planned on it being a break from my crazy school schedule. Mema had heart surgery, so I went home for a couple of weeks to help take care of Pa. I'm still doing an internship with the Historic Landmarks Commission here in Charlotte. My primary project is a survey and research report about a farmhouse that was once part of a dairy farm... I should get back to writing this report, though. Toodles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment