OK, so they're not the eye candy that the link is. I have zippy-zero experience with pastry stuff. But that's not the point! I didn't undercook it! My timing was perfect!
So here's the recipe.
Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Frosting
2 beaten eggs
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp basil
1 lb ground beef (I used 93/7)
Combine eggs and milk. Stir in bread crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, basil, and a dash of black pepper. Add meat; mix well.
Spoon into 12-cup muffin pan greased with EVO. Bake 20-25 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Let cool.
Potato Frosting:
3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup sour cream
Boil potatoes until tender; drain. Combine ingredients in a bowl; mix on medium until lumps are gone. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Remove meatloaf from pan. Put 1 or 2 cups of mashed potatoes in pastry bag (or in my case a Ziploc with the corner cut off); pipe onto cupcakes. Sprinkle green onion on top if you have it.
Makes 12.
No comments:
Post a Comment