Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saturday

I went to the Sleepy Poet Antique Mall on South Blvd. tonight. It has lots of goodies. There were a surprising number of stained glass and furniture from old churches. Disappointingly, only one vendor had postcards. They were reasonably priced, though. There weren't very many Greetings from postcards, but I bought one that caught my eye.

The face has a faded spot on it and it's not a Curt Teich, but the corners are very good and it was only $1.

The second card I bought is of the Court of the Two Sisters in New Orleans. I actually have a postcard from there that I bought at Acorn Creek in Ruston. I'd LOVE to dig through there one day. Maybe at Christmas...

Afterward, I went to Michael's to pick up some canvas that was 40% off. I had an interesting idea for a christmas gift for Mema. My plan is use a rooster applique to make a mini-quilt, but to convert it to a piece of wall art. I hope it will turn out like what I see in my head.

No comments: