I've been playing with my camera lately. I never really researched it when I had Michael buy it. All I wanted was a red camera and a Sony. Turns out the pictures are fuzzy in the corners and it only outputs JPEGs, which can produce a lower-quality photo than RAWs or TIFFs. I'll remember that for next time, but for the time being, I'll work with what I've got. And that's a sweet red camera.
I've been testing its close-up abilities. It took me about 2 years to decide to learn about the functions. Geez, Susan!

Sadie with her ball. I know the colors are muted. My camera doesn't take the best low-light photos. I tried to make the colors more crisp and blurred everything but the tennis ball.

A wild (or woodland) strawberry in my yard. It's only 1/4" across. It was dusk and I used the flash. Turned out rather well, I thought. I didn't even photoshop it.

Our poor dogwood tree. It nearly died last summer in the drought. I took the obligatory "tree bark up close" shot. Dogwoods are good for that because of their bark... hehe!

A close-up of my elephant ears. Some of them are nearly 1.5' in length. My camera doesn't catch the smaller veins well at all. If you get any closer it blurs.
I'm planning to visit the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens in Belmont sometime this week to play with my camera. I would go tomorrow but it's supposed to rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment